Secondary and Senior Secondary School Career Counseling
It is crucial that well informed, realistic and timely decisions are made in order to achieve the best outcomes in Grade 12. To facilitate this we have tied up with ICS- a career counseling consultant organization, which regularly conduct workshops for teachers, students and parents and help students choose the right streams /subjects to pursue a career for their future.
Students and parents are encouraged to make an early beginning to explore and plan for after secondary school. The program is designed to assist Grade 9 and 10 students with course selection for senior secondary level and Grade 11and 12 students for consideration of their options after the final year of their study at school.
Based on the principles of self development, career exploration and career management, the program offers:
• Testing (Career Identification Exercises: Aptitudes, Learning Styles & Interest Identification)
• Seminar on “There are no Ideal Careers, only Ideal Choices”
• Interactive Group Session
• Individual Counseling/ Guidance
• Individual report for each student: : highlighting the recommended subject choices
• Parent information sessions
• Each participant is given a CD containing in-depth Career Information and a unique membership id to the website www.icscareeronline.com
Armed with information from this Student Guide and their individual report, we feel confident that students, with their parents, will make realistic course choices based on interest and ability.
The School has tied up with at least 5 of the world’s best universities of UK- Cambridge, Oxford, Kings College, London School of Economics and Bristol University to guide, coach and counsel our students and parents for admissions to these top ranked Universities.
• For students aged 13 and above Courses would be Conducted by Counselors of the above universities in their campus in Summer – 2013
• Support and administer University applications for present and past students in the country and abroad. This includes making transcripts, recommendations letters, predicted grades and the school profile.
• Correspondence and follow-up with universities about our student applications
• Developing and building relationships with university admission officers
• Organize visits by university representatives
• Up-to-date resources in the Department – library where students can research careers and university courses
• Information and guidance relating to scholarships and bursaries available at universities
• Facilitate IELTS and SAT English and Maths classes; a comprehensive process for internships and lot more.
• A work experience programme will be offered to Grade12 students in the final stage. They will be given individual support with their
• University applications including help with UCAS application forms
• Preparation for additional university entrance tests
• Interview training and an SAT preparation course for those intending to go on to university in the USA.
We aim at achieving a high level of success each year in university applications with the great majority being admitted to their first choice courses at prestigious universities.